Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Association of Local Councils
The County Officer is based at the County Offices in Aylesbury. As a not for profit organisation we provide daily support on procedural elements and statutory regulations. We are also the official training provider for councillors and clerks. Further services include the facilitation of communications across County, District and Local councils plus arbitration at meetings and bespoke on site training.
As a membership association we are unable to deal with queries from the public, but we are happy to make general information available through this website.
The Advantages of Membership include:
- High-quality training for Councillors and Clerks in partnership with the SLCC and District Associations
- Friendly impartial advice by telephone and email
- Regular updates
- Member only Reference and Information Service
- Networking opportunities through the Executive Committee and District Associations
- Free job vacancy service
- Referral of complex legal enquiries to the National Association of Local Councils
- Partnered Legal, HR and IT Services
- Opportunity to be involved in various consultations
- Quality Local Council publications with volume discounts
- Representation for Local Councils on various County, Regional and National bodies