Advertising Vacancies. We are pleased to offer the opportunity to post vacancies on this website which may occur in your parish. Please email details to Balc@bucksalc.gov.uk. Positions will be posted for one month and then automatically deleted unless you furnish a specified date.
HANSLOPE PARISH COUNCIL
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Councillor Dorothy Courtman
On 01908 510276
Or e-mail :- email@example.com
NEWPORT PAGNELL TOWN COUNCIL
Newport Pagnell has a vacancy occurring in November 2018 for a Property Clerk. This role pays between £12.13 and £!3.37 per hour depending on experience. The Property Clerk prepares minutes and agendas for the Property Committee, and has 4 staff reporting to the incumbent. The Property Clerk also directs the activities of the ranger contractor, and manages a £15M portfolio of assets. In the near future these will include the parks and play areas of the town, so the incumbent will also manage a major landscaping contract. The role is for 30 hours per week, and hours are relatively flexible. A car is required to visit all the Council properties, and mileage is paid at 45p per mile. Newport Pagnell is a large, well-established and well-run council, with an impressive vision and a wide range of services. This role will provide an opportunity for a clerk in a small parish or someone employed in a parish to get experience of a large parish, and will also offer a significant career path in the future.
To apply for the vacancy please contact Shar Roselman, the Town Clerk, by email on TownClerk@newport-pagnell.org.uk attaching your CV.
STOKENCHURCH PARISH COUNCIL
A VACANCY HAS ARISEN FOR THE POSITION OF CLERK TO STOKENCHURCH PARISH COUNCIL
20 hours per week – flexible working hours will be considered
£12.40 per hour
· The Clerk to the Council will be the Proper Officer of the Council and as such is under a statutory duty to carry out all the functions, and in particular to serve or issue all the notifications required by law of a local authority’s Proper Officer.
· The Clerk will be totally responsible for ensuring that the instructions of the Council in connection with its function as a Local Authority are carried out. The Clerk is expected to advise the Council on, and assist in the formation of, overall policies to be followed in respect for making effective decisions and to implement constructively all decisions.
· The person appointed will be accountable to the Council for the effective management of all its resources and will report to them as and when required.
· This position will be based in the Longburrow Hall, Stokenchurch Parish Council office.
· To issue agendas and minutes to councillors, district councillors and members of the public by means of e-mail, notice boards and the council website.
· To ensure that legal, statutory and other provisions governing or affecting the running of the Council are observed.
· To ensure that the Council’s obligations to insure are properly met.
· To prepare, in consultation with appropriate members, agendas for meetings of the Council and its committees; to attend such meetings and prepare minutes for approval.
· To receive correspondence and documents on behalf of the Council and to deal with the correspondence or documents or bring such items to the attention of the Council. To issue correspondence as a result of the instructions of, or the known policy of, the Council.
· To study reports and other data on activities of the Council and on matters bearing on those activities. Where appropriate, to discuss such matters with administrators and specialists in particular fields.
· To draw up both on his own initiative and as a result of suggestions by Councillors proposals for consideration by the Council and to advise on practicability and the likely effects of specific courses of action.
· To monitor the implemented policies of the Council to ensure they are achieving the desired result and where appropriate suggest modifications.
· To act as a representative of the Council as required.
· To issue notices and prepare agendas and minutes for the parish meeting: to attend the assemblies of the parish meeting and to implement the decisions made at the assemblies.
· To attend all meetings of the Council .
· To prepare, in consultation with the Chairman, press releases about the activities of, or the decisions of, the Council.
· To attend training courses on the work and role of the Clerk as required by the Council.
· To be responsible for the all of the daily administration of the village hall.
· Responsible for all maintenance, Health and Safety checks, repairs and supervision of contractors employed for repairs.
· Act on their own initiative, working to promote the use of the hall and its facilities.
· Set up and maintain computer records and booking system. Control the Parish website and Face book page daily/weekly updates.
· Take telephone calls, deal with enquiries, open mail and act on their contents as appropriate.
· Show potential users around the hall, explain and discuss the services available and charges and conditions of hire.
· Maintain a weekly rota of bookings to ensure the rooms are open for each booking and correct furniture and equipment is available for use by the hirer.
· Keeping of the Burial Register, Register of Grave spaces providing a professional service to Funeral Directors and members of the public.
· Administration of the Allotments and deal with any enquiries.
· Deal with any faults and issues concerning street lighting, foliage, signage, potholes, fly tipping, vermin and recycling.
· Liaise with other Local Authorities, Councillors, Contractors and members of the public when required.
· Annual Inventory of cutlery & crockery.
· Order stationary, Parish Warden supplies, hall supplies and signage.
· Responsibility for parish noticeboards.
All interested applicants are invited to send their CV and covering letter to the Chairman, Stokenchurch Parish Council either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Longburrow Hall, Park Lane, Stokenchurch, Bucks, HP14 3TQ. Closing date for applications is Monday 1st October.
WENDOVER PARISH COUNCIL
VACANCY FOR THE POSITION OF
PARISH CLERK / RESPONSIBLE FINANCIAL OFFICER
Salary: (SCP 35 – 42) £31,401 – £38,052 (Dependent upon experience and qualifications)
Full-Time (37 hours)
Working from the Council office in Wendover’s Clock Tower, the Clerk will take overall responsibility for the Council’s operations as well as both financial and staff management. The Clerk reports to the Council as a corporate body.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; the ability to understand and interpret local government law; possess skills in financial management; experience in line management; a willingness to learn and show a positive response to challenge and change.
Further details of the post and application forms may be obtained by
e-mail to: email@example.com or by telephone: 01296 623056.
Closing date for application: Friday 31st August 2018 at 9am.
Interviews will be held in early September.
Candidates called for interview will be asked to give a five minute presentation: “Changes faced by Local Government in the near future.”
Wendover Parish Council is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.