Councillor Recruitment Seminar – November 21st at 10am – Aylesbury – In-person
The opportunities or need for Councillor Recruitment happens far more regularly than we would all like. Apart the obvious full elections which we face once every four years, there will be unfilled vacancies following that election and casual vacancies occurring along the way. It’s hard retaining committed councillors and even harder finding new recruits. This seminar will help reinvigorate us with practical tips on attracting interest, sharing the remit and philosophy of your council and providing our new councillors with a flying start.
This is a full day training and information session opening with councillor recruitment strategies for success, including successful campaigning, followed by a workshop exploring how councils can create an induction programme that has long lasting benefits and ensures councillors are set up to succeed.
Objectives and outcomes for the workshop session:
- How councils can create an induction programme appropriate to the size, shape and nature of the council;
- How to ensure a council’s internal communications culture is set up for long-term success
- How to create a genuinely useful and value-filled Welcome Pack;
- How to carry out a Councillor Skills Audit and how that should impact the council’s training programme for 2023 and beyond;
- What a really effective buddying and mentoring programme should look and feel like
Venue: The Mezzanine Rooms Walton Street, Aylesbury
Parking: Information will be circulated nearer to the time
Training provider: Breakthrough Communications
Cancellation: A full refund will be given if 14 days or more notice prior to the date of the training course is given. However, this could cause an event to be cancelled if it becomes uneconomic to run.
Members £70 per ticket including lunch and refreshments
Non-members £140 per ticket including lunch and refreshments