Equality, Diversity & Inclusion For Local Councils – September 5th at 7pm – Online
Who should attend: Councillors and Officers
This session will cover:
– Understanding what is meant by ‘Equality’, ‘Diversity’ & ‘Inclusion’ and why they are always spoken about together
– Understanding the Equality Act 2010 and the obligations it places on employers
– Outline the protected characteristics and what these mean
– Considering how organisations and individuals discriminate both directly and indirectly
– Outlining the advantages that diversity gives organisations – it’s way more than a ‘tick box activity’
– Action planning and commitment setting, completed as a group activity so learners leave taking obligations with them for what they will do following the training
Running time: 2 hours approximately depending on Q&A
Remote access: Zoom joining instructions will be issued closer to the time
Course tutors: Human Capital Department
Jim Blythe & Peter Lawrence
Jim is a highly accomplished Learning and Development and HR professional having worked for prestigious corporates & big international brands, including AVIVA, Virgin, Bloomberg & Fujitsu. He has now seen the light and supports SME Businesses across the region with HR and L+D challenges. Jim is results orientated and particularly enjoys 1-2-1 Coaching which he finds very effective in resolving specific issues and in developing managerial skills.
Peter Lawrence is the Founder, Managing Director and Consultant with Human Capital Department Ltd. A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (FCIPD), he holds a Masters in Human Resource Management (MA HRM) and an MBA. Peter has worked in a variety of Human Resource Management and Training and Development roles at Senior Management and Director level including global players ExxonMobil and GE.
Cancellation: A full refund will be given if 14 days or more notice prior to the date of the training course is given. However, this could cause an event to be cancelled if it becomes uneconomic to run.
Members £50 per ticket
Non-members £100 per ticket