Information Security Awareness – September 20th at 10am – Online
This session will deliver all the up to date knowledge your council needs to ensure the safety of your IT systems and the information you collect.
Why do we need to protect the information that local councils hold?
- The threat of ransomware explained – remember the hit on the NHS?
- The legal obligation to protect all the information we hold
- Your accountability as a public bodies
- The cost of recovering from an attack on our laptops, systems and recovery of information
- How 85% of computer viruses get into your systems
- Reporting to the police
- Why cyber-crime is now a policing priority
- Why home-working increases cyber risk
- Why you need more than cyber insurance
How can you protect our organisation?
- How you and your councillors can be the front line of defence
- Password Hygiene and Password Managers explained
- How to choose an antivirus package and Office365
- What is Second Factor Authentication?
- Why it’s critical to protect your email accounts
- How to comply with security requirements of GDPR
- What are PUPs and how to spot them
- How to spot bogus Emails and Text Messages
- What Cyber Essentials can offer you
About the Presenter
A former Director of Operations for a global customer service organisation of over 5,000 people, Peter Elliot led a team providing key service reports and metrics to the executive team, managed global product recall and correction programs and successfully re-engineered many customer service processes. He has also built and managed data centres, created customer feedback programs and managed annual technology budgets in excess of $12m. He is a patent holder in the field of Natural Language Processing awarded while leading a team which developed an application for computers to comprehend human generated text.
Peter is an accredited Cyber Essentials assessor is focused on helping organisations become cyber secure to protect their valuable information with GDPR compliance and good cyber hygiene, and become Cyber Essentials certified.
Running Time: 2 hours dependent on Q&A
Remote Access: Joining instructions will be issued closer to the time
Cancellation: A full refund will be given if 14 days or more notice prior to the date of the training course is given. However, this could cause an event to be cancelled if it becomes uneconomic to run.
Members £40 per ticket
Non-members £80 per ticket