Moulsoe Parish Council are seeking to appoint a Parish Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer with experience in clerking or Local Government.
Moulsoe is a small rural parish in Milton Keynes. The council has 5 seats with one currently vacant, elections for the council will be held in May 2023. There are 260 electors in the parish, the precept for 2022-23 was £6,800. The new development of MK East is within the parish and it is anticipated that there will changes to the council and parish boundary in the future.
Currently the hours are 3-5 hours a week and are worked from home. Salary will be as per
the national recommended salary scale SCP 5-17 (depending upon experience).
The parish council meets bi-monthly in Moulsoe Millennium Hall, Cranfield Road, Moulsoe,
The role of Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer for Moulsoe Parish Council includes:
• ensuring that statutory and other provisions governing or affecting the running of the Council are observed.
• maintaining financial records – including monthly reconciliation and accounts, VAT reclaims, and dealing with the council appointed Internal Auditor to ensure timely filing of the Annual Governance and Accounting Returns.
• publishing agendas and taking minutes of the meeting – using both the Council website and the notice boards in the village.
• ensuring that transparency regulations are met by maintaining records on the website.
• keeping the Council website updated with information and events for residents.
• posting updates and useful information on the village Facebook page.
• advising councillors to ensure the Council acts in line with its own policies and legislation and all general administration of other council functions.
• ensuring that the Council's obligations for Risk Assessment are properly met.
• attending all meetings of the Council and all meetings of its committees and subcommittees.
• receiving and replying to correspondence and documents on behalf of the Council and to deal with the correspondence or documents or bring such items to the attention of the Council.
To apply for the position please email your current CV the Chairman Steve Waters at firstname.lastname@example.org