23 hours per week
Monday to Friday 10am to 2pm
*Monday evening meetings 6pm to 9pm
Closing date for applications: Sunday 25 September 2022
Interviews are scheduled for: Monday 3 October 2022
Located in south-eastern Buckinghamshire and the largest town in the Chiltern District, Chesham lies in a steep-sided valley 8 miles north-west of London. Assimilating the old and the new, Chesham is a successful combination of market town, industrial centre, commuter dormitory and bustling community.
We are seeking a Democratic Services Officer who will be the first point of contact for councillors and will provide support to the Chief Executive Officer in the delivery of the democratic services function of Chesham Town Council. You will be at the forefront of ensuring official Council evening meetings, *typical one per week, run smoothly and are documented as required by law. You will also be our lead communications officer for the Council, ensuring our web site is up to date, posting on our social media and providing local media with our latest news.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of:
• Responding to enquiries from elected members
• Producing agenda papers and packs
• Undertaking minutes of meetings
• Updating web sites and social media
• Keeping registers, policies, procedures, and records up to date
The successful candidate will be a team player with strong organisational and communication skills (both verbal and written), the ability to manage a varied workload to deadlines and well developed ICT skills. Experience of working in local government committee or democratic services related work is desirable but not essential. You must possess sound judgement, attention to detail and political sensitivity.
In addition to working within a great team we offer the following benefits:
• Local government pay grade rise each year subject to satisfactory performance
• Local Government Pension Scheme
• Reimbursement of professional fees
• Comprehensive development and training
• Discounted membership at Chesham Moor Gym and Swim
For an informal discussion, please contact Tony Marmo, Chesham Town Council Chief Executive Officer, on 07435 513 715.
For full details and to apply visit www.chesham.gov.uk