The current County Officer is retiring so an exciting opportunity has arisen to join a well-established County Association and team based in Aylesbury but with flexible working from home on agreement from the Executive Board.
Buckinghamshire & Milton Keynes Association of Local councils is a not for profit organisation representing its member councils in the geographical area of Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes. Presently we have 95% membership from parish and town councils. The Association represents a diverse range of councils and parish meetings, ranging from rural villages to more urban communities and are committed to finding innovative ways to enhance our service and member benefits.
- Role is for 30 per week but full time (37 hours) would be considered.
- Some evening work necessary, with time off in lieu.
- Salary: SCP 29 – 32, £32,910 –£35,745 (pay award pending), pro rata and depending on the applicant’s qualification and experience
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Leave in line with the NJC provisions
- Location – County Hall. Aylesbury but flexible working arrangements will be considered
As County Officer your role will include for example:
- Advise and support member councils, this will require an understanding of the framework within which local councils work.
- Liaise with the National Association of Local Councils, Unitary Authorities, and member councils.
- Organise and deliver training courses via internal and external organisations.
- Management of a team of two.
- Servicing BMKALC committees – production of agenda, minutes etc.
- Financial management of the Association
- Increase membership of BMKALC
Interviews during week commencing 1st November 2020
JD and person specification available, please phone of email
Please apply either in writing or by email, including a CV and outlining reasons for applying
County Officer, BMKALC, County Hall, Aylesbury, Bucks, HP20 1UA