The present Deputy County Officer is returning to a clerk’s role, so an exciting opportunity has arisen for an eager well motivated person to join the Association based in Aylesbury.
As Deputy County Officer your role will include for example:
- Advise and support member councils,
- Assist with answering enquires on council procedures, processes, and general enquiries from our member councils. this will require an understanding of the framework within which local councils work,
- Organise training courses using internal and external resources,
- Servicing BMKALC committees – production of agenda, minutes etc.,
- Financial transactions, invoicing on behalf of the Association.
- 25 hours per week depending on the applicant,
- Some evening work necessary, with time off in lieu,
- Salary: SCP 18 (£24,982 FTE) – 23 (£27,741 FTE), NJC Pay Scales, pro rata (pay award pending),
- Annual Leave: 22 days (3 extra days after 5 years with local government) + 2 extra statutory days per annum plus bank/public holidays. Holiday pro-rata for part-time hours,
- Location – County Hall. Aylesbury.