Charitable Trusts and Parish/Town Councils – Navigating the Minefield – March 9th & 10th – Online
This 2-part training session will give you a wider understanding of Trusts, and guidance for the trusteeship of charities. This course is suitable for all Parish Clerks and those involved with or would like to know more about Charitable Trusts and Members who might be trustees.
The following will be covered in each session:
Part 1 – March 9th at 10am
- Nature of Trusts
- What are the requirements for a Charitable Trust?
- How is a Charitable Trust created?
- Role of the Charity Commission
- Registration with the Charity Commission or HM Revenue & Customs
- Legal personality of a Charitable Trust
- Charitable Incorporated Organisation
Part 2 – March 10th at 10am
- Trustees generally
- Role & responsibilities of Custodian, Holding and Management Trustees
- Duties of management & liabilities
- Winding up or amalgamating a charity
- Dealings with Property
- Village Halls & Recreation Grounds
Running Time: Approximately 2 hours depending on Q&A
Training provider: Roger Taylor, Solicitor
Cancellation: A full refund will be given if 14 days or more notice prior to the date of the training course is given. However, this could cause an event to be cancelled if it becomes uneconomic to run.
Members £50 per ticket
Non-members £100 per ticket