Benefits of Membership
Being part of your community of Town and Parish Councils, offers support to the individual council and provides an opportunity to cohesively raise local concerns to Principal Authorities. It also provides you with membership to the National Association of Local Councils (NALC) who campaign on behalf of all Parish and Town councils with a direct link to MCHLG.
We provide an extensive schedule of structured training for Clerks, RFO’s and Councillors and deliver bespoke whole council training courses on request. Members receive preferential rates for training courses.
Members receive regular updates which contain local information, changes to legislation and practice updates and general notices. Additionally they have access to the catalogue of Legal Topic Notes issued by the NALC along with templates to assist in implementing their duties as both Council and Employer.
Preferential rates with a number of services important to Town and Parish Councils have been negotiated with local organisations.
Finally and perhaps the most important on a daily basis, our experienced County Officer and assistants are available by telephone or email to answer your queries and concerns and to assist you in delivering the best possible service to your parishioners.
Breakthrough Communications have set up two new subscription based Community Hubs (see details below)and BMKALC members will be provided with permanently discounted access to the hubs. Our Members also benefit from discounted access to Breakthrough Communications...
The Parkinson Partnership LLP provides specialist advice on VAT and other financial matters for parish, town and community councils in England and Wales. They have provided services to more than 100 council clients, advising on millions of pounds worth of projects,...
The Advantages of Membership include
- High-quality training for Councillors and Clerks in partnership with NALC, the SLCC and District Councils
- Friendly impartial advice by telephone and email
- Regular updates
- Member only Reference and Information Service
- Networking opportunities through the Executive Committee and District Associations
- Free job vacancy service
- Referral of complex legal enquiries to the National Association of Local Councils
- Partnered Legal, HR and IT Services
- Opportunity to be involved in various consultations
- Quality Local Council publications with volume discounts
- Representation for Local Councils on various County, Regional and National bodies