Terms and Conditions
Training Courses – standard terms and conditions
1. Bookings will be regarded as provisional until the full course fee has been paid. Provisional bookings will only be held for 4 weeks and will not be held at all when the course is full.
2. Payment must be made in advance of the course by cheque, BACS electronic transfer or other electronic means.
3. All payments must be made in pounds sterling.
4. Cheques to be made payable to BALC. Please include the course reference number on the back of the cheque (if applicable).
5. For details on electronic payment, please call the office.
6. Invoices will not normally be issued for training course places and purchase orders are not acceptable in lieu of payment. If sent they will be accepted for information purposes only.
7. All course fees include associated course notes and other course materials, examination or attendance certificates, lunch and daytime refreshments unless otherwise stated. Accommodation, breakfast and evening meals are not included.
8. Accepted applications will be acknowledged and joining instructions will be sent prior to the start of course.
9. The full course fee is payable for cancellations received within 14 working days of the course date.
10. Cancellations must be in writing sent to us.
11. Substitutions may be made at any time by notifying us in writing.
12. We reserve the right to make appropriate changes to the course timetable and content or to cancel a course due to circumstances beyond its control and liability shall be limited to the refund of fees paid in this instance.
13. All intellectual property rights in material supplied on courses is subject to copyright and owned by us and therefore any duplication in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
14. Courses are not to be recorded in any way without the prior written consent of us.
15. We expect delegates to behave in a polite and appropriate manner and adhere to our rules and regulations when attending courses. We reserve the right to exclude delegates or abandon the course in the event of disruptive, abusive or threatening behaviour by an individual or group of delegates. In such an event, no refund will be payable to the excluded delegate’s Local Council.