New! Community Enrichment & Resilience – February 1st at 11am – Online
Community Enrichment & Resilience
This two and half hour session provides invaluable guidance to understanding the growing public health and welfare concerns being faced in our communities; and offers practical advice and examples how to tackle many of these issues from a local council perspective.
An outline of current issues around Loneliness, Isolation and Wellbeing will consider; –
- National and county evidence and statistics
- Know your local community
- Triggers, Indicators and Effects
- The impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic and Cost of Living Crisis
The session will also examine the role Town and Parish Councils can play;
- Building strong and cohesive communities
- Working in partnership with other organisations
- What works well to tackle and prevent Loneliness & Social Isolation and helps to improve Wellbeing
- What support is there for local councils and how to find it?
- Good practice and successful case studies
Mike Deegan has extensive experience working with charities and local councils; including councils dealing with Wellbeing and Isolation issues. His experience means he knows how to address matters (particularly from a local council standpoint) to help find solutions and positive outcomes.
Running time: 2 hours approximately depending on Q&A
Remote access: Zoom joining instructions will be issued closer to the time
Course tutor: Mike Deegan
Cancellation: A full refund will be given if 14 days or more notice prior to the date of the training course is given. However, this could cause an event to be cancelled if it becomes uneconomic to run.
Members £45 per ticket
Non-members £90 per ticket