Equality, Diversity & Inclusion For Local Councils – September 5th at 7pm – Online
Who should attend: Councillors and Officers
Councils have a critical role to play in reducing inequalities and enhancing inclusion and cohesion within their communities. Ensuring greater diversity, equality and inclusion within councils’ own organisations and communities is important in creating a more vibrant democracy, supporting better life outcomes and representation for all.
In this training session we will raise your awareness of what is meant by equality, diversity and inclusion and examine ways in which we can create more inclusive workplaces and communities. This will set the tone to help you recruit a diverse council team will set the tone and cultivate an environment of acceptance and appreciation for individuals of all backgrounds, beliefs, and experiences.
We will also examine the legal aspects around Equality including the obligations it places on us as employers and council employees
This session will cover:
– Understanding what is meant by ‘Equality’, ‘Diversity’ & ‘Inclusion’ and why they are always spoken about together
– Understanding the Equality Act 2010 and the obligations it places on employers
– Outline the protected characteristics and what these mean
– Considering how organisations and individuals discriminate both directly and indirectly
– Outlining the advantages that diversity gives organisations – it’s way more than a ‘tick box activity’
– Action planning and commitment setting, completed as a group activity so learners leave taking obligations with them for what they will do following the training
Running time: 2 hours approximately depending on Q&A
Remote access: Zoom joining instructions will be issued closer to the time
Course tutors: Human Capital Department
Jim Blythe & Peter Lawrence
Jim is a highly accomplished Learning and Development and HR professional having worked for prestigious corporates & big international brands, including AVIVA, Virgin, Bloomberg & Fujitsu. He has now seen the light and supports SME Businesses across the region with HR and L+D challenges. Jim is results orientated and particularly enjoys 1-2-1 Coaching which he finds very effective in resolving specific issues and in developing managerial skills.
Peter Lawrence is the Founder, Managing Director and Consultant with Human Capital Department Ltd. A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (FCIPD), he holds a Masters in Human Resource Management (MA HRM) and an MBA. Peter has worked in a variety of Human Resource Management and Training and Development roles at Senior Management and Director level including global players ExxonMobil and GE.
Cancellation: A full refund will be given if 14 days or more notice prior to the date of the training course is given. However, this could cause an event to be cancelled if it becomes uneconomic to run.
Members £50 per ticket
Non-members £100 per ticket