New! Biodiversity – Practical Measures For Town & Parish Councils – November 22nd – 10am – 12pm – Online
Biodiversity: What practical measures can your Town or Parish Council take to help enhance local habitats and wildlife
This topic has never been more relevant; particularly as local councils are being urged to help address the growing biodiversity crisis, while also mitigating the damaging effects of our changing climate.
As a town or parish council, it can be a daunting process knowing where to start or simply how to act meaningfully to help. Nevertheless, no matter what scale your council operates at, there are always pragmatic and beneficial opportunities available to help address this growing issue – and it is at a community level where local councils can make a real difference to help biodiversity.
This session identifies the practical changes and steps councils can realistically implement; to operate more sustainably and act as a genuine catalyst to enhance biodiversity within your community.
The first part of this webinar will outline: –
- The current situation and biodiversity issues in Buckinghamshire
- National policies and the role of principal authorities or agencies in the county
The main focus of the session, however, will address the opportunities available from a town and parish council perspective, including:-
- Accessible advice, support and funding
- Liaising and working in partnership with local biodiversity groups in Buckinghamshire
- Examples of Biodiversity Action Plans
- Case studies of positive community action (and how to get initiatives off the ground)
- Enhancing biodiversity and land-use in your village, town or parish
- Engaging and bringing your communities with you; by demonstrating best practice, raising awareness, encouraging local participation and action.
Running time: 2 hours approximately depending on Q&A
Remote access: Zoom joining instructions will be issued closer to the time
Course tutor: Mike Deegan
Mike has over 20 years experience working in nature conservation and a decade as a councillor with his local parish council, where he developed award winning biodiversity and community projects.
Cancellation: A full refund will be given if 14 days or more notice prior to the date of the training course is given. However, this could cause an event to be cancelled if it becomes uneconomic to run.
Members £45 per ticket
Non-members £90 per ticket