New! Writing Grant Applications and Sourcing Local Council Funding Opportunities – July 21st at 10am Online
Writing Grant Applications and Sourcing Local Council Funding Opportunities
Who should attend: This training is suitable for officers and councillors
This two-hour session offers invaluable practical guidance to enhance your skills in applying for grants and writing more successful bids. It will also provide comprehensive details about the community funding available to local councils. An outline of developing effective grant applications will take account of:
- The funding process (from start to finish) and guidance on how to apply.
- Preparation – the value of thoroughly planning both your project and bid in advance.
- Understanding and meeting eligibility criteria (interpreting any jargon) and what funders are really looking for.
- Building the case for why your council project merits funding.
Current sources of grants covered will include: –
- National Lottery distributors (such as the Community Fund)
- Landfill Communities Fund grants
- Local and county grants
- Trusts and Foundations
Running time: 2 hours approximately depending on Q&A
Remote access: Zoom joining instructions will be issued closer to the time
Course tutor: Mike Deegan
Cancellation: A full refund will be given if 14 days or more notice prior to the date of the training course is given. However, this could cause an event to be cancelled if it becomes uneconomic to run.
Members £45 per ticket
Non-members £90 per ticket