Buckinghamshire Council is asking residents to give their views on a new Vehicle Removal Policy, which sets out the circumstances the Council will remove parked vehicles that contravene on-street parking restrictions – or whose owners persistently avoid paying parking charges and parking penalty charge notices – and take them to a secure vehicle storage facility.
These circumstances include:
- Parked vehicles that cause a serious obstruction to emergency services and other road users.
- Vehicles parked in a disabled-person’s parking bay without displaying a disabled blue badge.
- Fraudulent use of a disabled-person’s parking blue badge (whether it is genuine or counterfeit).
- Persistent evaders – where there are five or more recorded parking contraventions for the vehicle and for which the penalties have not been paid.
- Fraudulent use of a Buckinghamshire Council pay-and-display parking ticket, parking permit or voucher (including cashless parking and virtual permits).
Residents can read the draft Policy and make their views known at: https://yourvoicebucks.citizenspace.com.Comments can also be submitted in writing to: Parking Team, Buckinghamshire Council, The Gateway, Gatehouse Road, Aylesbury, HP19 8FF.
The consultation is open from Thursday 18 February to Friday 5 March.