Fire safety essentials
The risk of fire and the resulting threat to human life is very real. You will no doubt be aware of the devastating consequences fire can have, but do you know how to prevent fires and what to do in the event of a fire?
This course aims to change the way you think about fire. It will help you to recognise and reduce fire hazards in your workplace, and will explain what you need to do in the unlikely event of a fire. The overall risk of a fire occurring is significantly lowered by having knowledgeable staff, making fire safety training a must in every workplace.
This course includes a range of learning activities to help you develop your awareness of fire safety.
When you have finished the course, you’ll be asked to demonstrate your understanding by completing a short assessment.
Courses developed by Nimble Elearning have been certified by the CPD Certification Service and count towards your annual CPD requirement.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Understand employers’ responsibilities under fire safety law
- Prevent fires by using the fire triangle theory
- Identify fire safety signs and appreciate the importance of knowing where they are in your workplace
- Identify fire safety equipment and understand how it should be used
- Recognise the need to periodically check fire safety procedures
- Carry out the fire safety procedures in place in your organisation
Topics explored in this course, Fire safety essentials:
- Fire theory
- Fire procedures
- Fire equipment
- Fire signs