Health and safety essentials
Keeping your employees healthy and safe should be a major consideration for your organisation; to comply with the Health and Safety legislation and to make sure you have happy and healthy employees. All incidents and injuries in the workplace affect the well-being of your employees and the productivity of your organisation.
There are many measures you could put in place to protect the physical and mental well-being of staff. This course discusses these measures and stresses the importance of health and safety to keep employees safe and healthy at work and at home. It uses interactions and specifically designed content to maximise learning outcomes.
This course includes a range of learning activities to help you develop your understanding of health and safety. When you’ve finished the course, you’ll be asked to demonstrate your understanding by completing a short assessment.
Courses developed by Nimble Elearning have been certified by the CPD Certification Service and count towards your annual CPD requirement.
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Recognise why health and safety is important for individuals, employers and society as a whole
- Understand the frameworks of health and safety legislation
- Recognise the responsibilities your employer has for your health and safety
- Use a range of health and safety techniques and good practice to help keep yourself safe at work (and beyond!)
Topics explored in this course, Health and safety essentials:
- Health and safety problems
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Government’s responsibilities
- Risk assessment and reduction
- Safe systems of work
- Accident reporting
- Lifting and carrying
- Personal safety
- Aggressive behaviour
- Working with computers