New! Understanding Procurement and Writing Simple Contracts & Agreements – 9th June at 10am Online
Essential guidance to help your Council;
- Implement effective and legal procurement of supplies & services.
- Develop uncomplicated contracts and robust written-agreements.
In this session we will cover: –
Part 1. 10.00-11.00: Procurement Procedures
- Understanding current regulations and the need for completing a procurement process
- Developing criteria for sourcing, purchasing and awarding contracts
- Managing estimates, quotes and tenders
- Ensuring quality, value for money, social value and fairness
Part 2. 11.20-12.30: Contracts and Agreements
- Writing basic contracts and agreements
- Developing Invitations to Tender and using Contract Finder
- Producing comprehensive specifications
- Ensuring your contractor’s legal compliance, certification and necessary policies
- Effective contract management
Course Tutor: Mike Deegan
Mike has 30 years experience of delivering effective procurement and successfully managing contracts. His expertise in working with charities and local councils means he fully understands how smaller bodies and organisations operate.
He previously worked in nature conservation for 20 years with responsibility for procurement, including the development a contract template for his county Wildlife Trust. He later spent nearly 10 years as a Parish Councillor in Staffordshire, including several years as vice-chairman; developing and managing a number of community projects and procurement processes.
Since 2019, Mike has been supporting local councils and charities as a consultant with a range of services, including management of procurement procedures. He has also been supporting several County Local Councils Associations with training and helping NALC with the Local Council Award Scheme (on their national accreditation panel).
Running time: 2 hours approximately depending on Q&A
Remote access: Zoom joining instructions will be issued closer to the time
Cancellation: A full refund will be given if 14 days or more notice prior to the date of the training course is given. However, this could cause an event to be cancelled if it becomes uneconomic to run.
Members £45 per ticket
Non-members £90 per ticket